The Employer of Choice
A rewarding career that fits your....
Life, Family, Schedule.
Generally the healthcare industry does not do a great job of caring for their Team Members!
We believe our Care Team should be treated differently. We pride ourselves on offering the best possible care and that means hiring the best possible people.
The Agency of Choice
We understand that caregivers have many employment opportunities. We created an industry leading compensation package that includes health benefits, TeleDoc and dental plan. Most importantly we treat our Care Team with the respect they deserve. Our average Caregiver tenure is an incredible 2-½ years. Find out Why!
The Job that Fits You
We are all balancing the commitment that comes with work, family and school. Griswold Home Care is one of the largest home care companies in San Antonio. This allows us to offer more scheduling options and helps ensure you are getting your desired hours. If your life changes, your work schedule can change as well.
Your Career Starts Here
Healthcare is a growing field. The growth in the aging population means more people need your help. Throughout our fifteen years we have had many caregivers progress through school to become Nurses, PT’s and Social Workers. We can support you by managing your school schedule and giving you hands on experience in your future field. We love seeing the life success of our Team!
Summary of Benefits
- Limited Time - $400 Employment Bonus
- Health Benefits and TeleDoc
- Large service area (San Antonio, Boerne, Bulverde, Schertz)
- Paychecks issued weekly
- Direct Deposit to your account
- Lasting Relationships; One-on-One with Clients
- Variety of shifts (overnight, mornings and afternoon)
- Great team that appreciates what you do
Home Care Services Provided by Caregivers
A typical day may include some of the following home care tasks:
- Personal Care
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation to appointments
- Attending events
- Reading, playing games and companionship
Diversity StatementGriswold Home Care is committed to the enhancement of a work environment that values and benefits from the diverse community of all its team members. In our daily practice we promote an open environment accepting of all people regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, political affiliations, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Our efforts are guided by the core values of respect, patience, open mindedness, and ethical practice to ensure a productive work relationship in a diverse setting. We strive to have in place policies that promote cultural competency with a focus on the dynamic cultural changes in the wider society.
FAQs About Applying
Frequently Asked Questions about applying for employment as a caregiver or CNA.
Can I just drop in to fill out an application?
No. We ask that you phone the office first so that we can conduct a phone interview to determine your interest in being a Caregiver and your suitability for this type of career. The HR department will review the results of the phone interview and will call potential applicants to schedule an appointment for a personal interview. One-on-one interviews are done by appointment only to ensure adequate time can be devoted to each applicant.Apply Here
Do I have to be a certified nursing assistant (CNA)?
No. It is preferable that the Caregiver have at least one year of experience or have graduated from a CNA type of course, but the overriding factors are possessing the compassion, reliability, and aptitude for this field. Caregivers with less experience will begin their careers with clients that require primarily companionship and homemaking tasks.
What do I need to bring to the interview?
At a minimum you will need to bring your driver’s license, social security card, vehicle insurance, proof of TB test if taken within the last year, training certificates (CNA, first aid, CPR, etc), and references. We will need a minimum of four references…two professional and two personal (not a relative). We will need up to date contact information for each reference because we will contact each one to ask them a few questions. Other forms of identification may be acceptable. Talk to the Human Resources department for additional information.
Do I need my own transportation?
We recommend Caregivers have their own, dependable form of transportation. New Clients often call with immediate home care needs and with little notice, leaving little time for Caregivers without their own transportation to arrange for a ride to the Client’s home. The bus system has expanded greatly over the last several months, but they often drop riders off outside of neighborhoods requiring lengthy walks into subdivisions where our Clients reside.
How do you make decisions on placing Caregivers?
The coordinators make placements based on the Caregiver’s personality, skills, experience, availability, previous client’s feedback, demonstrated reliability and where they live.
- Can I just drop in to fill out an application?
Certified Nurse AideIn-Service EducationThese courses are designed to offer a computer based training (CBT) to satisfy the 24 hour in-service education requirement, which is part of the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) renewal process (TAC; Title 40; Part 1; Chapter 94; Rule §94.9). “Effective September 1, 2013, a nurse aide renewing a certification must complete at least 24 hours of in-service education every two years that includes training in geriatrics and the care of residents with a dementia disorder, including Alzheimer’s disease.” CNAs may complete these courses in order to renew a listing of active status on the Nurse Aide Registry (NAR).
Your computer must have the following:
- These courses are only one of many approved course options (requirements can be fulfilled through a nursing facility or an approved Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program).
- Each course satisfies 2 hours toward the 2 year requirement of 24 hours.
- CNAs get 2 hours of credit for each course, as long as they score a minimum of 70% and have a copy of the learning certificate.
- This is a new series of approved courses.
- You may take the 12 hours in consecutive years to satisfy the 2 year, 24 hour in-service education requirement.
- The course requires a recent version of the Windows Operating System.
- In order to access the course, your internet browser must be set to allow pop-ups.
- Browser: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. (We suggest you not use Internet Explorer, if possible.)
- Printer: the ability to print hard copies of your learning certificate.
- Modules 5 and 6 contain video links. Adobe Flash Player or QuickTime must be installed for video playback to function.
TrainingModulesTo take a training, click on a link below:
Current Job Openings
Feel ready?Apply Now.
If you are a caring, dedicated individual, and you want to make a difference in the lives of others, a Caregiver may be the right opportunity for you. If you join the San Antonio Offices of Griswold Home Care, you can feel confident knowing that you and your colleagues are among the “best of the best” in the home care industry.