Our highest priority is preserving the health and well-being of our clients, caregivers and staff.
We would like to assure our community and healthcare partners that we are taking every precaution necessary to ensure our operations continue uninterrupted. Our clients depend on us for essential services that allow them complete basic activities of daily living.
The following are steps we have taken to ensure the safety of clients and care team.
- Provided certified continuing education classes to all of our staff covering coronavirus, symptoms, infection prevention, treatment and coping mechanisms.
- Requiring our caregivers to follow the most stringent CDC recommendations on the prevention of coronavirus.
- Starting this week – every time caregivers check into a shift, our app requires them to confirm that they or the client is not experiencing flu like symptoms and it will remind them of reporting and preventive measures.
- Observing OSHA/blood borne pathogen/infectious disease precautions along with regular training.
- Caregivers to take temperatures daily.
- Checking with the client to see if they have enough basic staples for sustenance and report if there is an issue.
- Temporarily postponing home visits by care coordinators to reduce exposure to clients.
- Cancelling all community events including Continuing Education Events and Caregiver Workshops.
For more information please visit the CDC website for Covin-19 here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
If you have any questions feel free to reach out directly.
Director of Community Relations
Griswold Home Care